Saturday, March 14, 2015

Welcome to My Kitchen!


Hello, my name is Grannytilla. Okay, my real name is Iris, but I'm Grannytilla or Miz Tilla on so many social media, that it seems like my other self. I am quite domestic. I like to cook, sew, knit, garden, can and freeze. The photo with this blog entry comes from my "bumper crop garden" of 2009 and was one day's produce.  I have a dog and enough cats to be a Crazy Cat Lady. Today I added a chicken to my menagerie. Can fresh eggs be far away?

One of the challenges of living alone is how to cook when it is only you. No longer do you need a six quart casserole of Tamale Pie or a large stew pot of Chili. The challenge becomes what to eat that is tasty, healthy, and not take-out. I am starting this blog to record the recipes I find that I truly enjoy as well as the ones I develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment